Saturday, February 20, 2010

Sadness Go Away Today

Today our pastor called to let us know one of the women of the church had died last night. Unexpected. Unknown that she was feeling ill.

I am sad today. I have known this woman for only a year. But I am still sad that she is gone now. Two weeks ago, another woman from church's dad passed away. A week ago, my best friend's brother died tragically. And my sister's husband is in the last stages of pancreatic cancer.

A flurry of thoughts come to my mind, "Oh, death where is they sting. Oh death where is thy victory. Though I walk through the valley of shadow of death, I will fear no evil for Thou art with me. He is close to the broken-hearted. "

I am sad today. Sad that death has entered the world. Sad that we have to say goodbye. Sad at so much grief in this world. In MY world. In the people around me.

I don't like to be sad (who does?). It's okay to be sad. I have good reasons to be sad today. I just don't want these 'good' reasons to be sad today. Sadness, sadness go away. I don't want to be sad today.

But I am thankful for my sweet ten-year-old daughter who made grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup for dinner. For the sweet questions from a friend today at a homeschool field trip. I am especially grateful for my husband's sweet comfort in my life. So cheerful is he. So understanding, caring, and compassionate. He had each of the children hug me and kiss me because I was sad. My youngest wanted to buy flowers for me at the store.

Thank you for sweet encouragement, Lord, in the midst of sadness today. And especially for the sunshine. Thank you.

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying, or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." Revelation 21:4

Come quickly Lord Jesus.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh. I'm so sorry. :( Hope your family loves on you lots and lots today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow death can be very difficult at times and it hurts! I pray you are finding some peace with this multiple loss you are going through. I lost my brother seventeen years ago Feb 5th and at times if feels like yesterday. I know I did not speak to you much Friday but I was really not good company that day. I will say a pray.

    Blessings
    Val

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being part of the conversation...I love hearing from you. Kathleen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...