What we're reading in 2013. Already I am off to a better start than the most of last year.
Books I've read for me:
1) Lightning Thief by Rick Riordian The kids have gotten into a bunch of new series. We were on our Christmas vacation and I needed something to read. I hadn't brought anything along and so I read this one, the beginning book to the Percy Jackson series.
2) The Soul Has A Story to Tell by Vinita Hampton (continued from 2012 in an effort to actually finish) --FINISHED!
3) The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart (motivated to read because of the King Arthur read aloud)
4) The Sea of Monsters (second book in Percy Jackson series)
5) A Bridge to Teribithia by Katherine Paterson
6) Life is Hard, Food is Easy by Linda Spangle
7) The Logic of English
8) When Children Love to Learn
9) Abide in Christ by Andrew Murray
Books I'm reading to the kids:
1) King Arthur and His Knights of the Round Table -- by Roger Lancelyn Green
2) The Elements by Dan Green (continued)
3) Adam of the Road by Janet Gray
4) A New Coat for Anna by Harriet Ziefert. I am actually doing Five In a Row with my first grader now!
5) Make Way for Ducklings by Robert McCloskey
6) Tenggren's Golden Tales from the Arabian Nights retold by Maragaret Soifer and Irwin Shapiro. We love the illustrations in this book. I've been surprised by how captivated the children have been with these stories.
7) Usborne World History: Medieval World by Jane Bingham
8) The Giraffe that Walked to Paris
9) The Adventures of Robin Hood
10) The Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer (unabridged audio)
11) The Black Arrow by Robert Louiss Stevenson
12) Rumplestiltskin (some books, like this one, I am reading just to my 2nd grader)
13) Leif the Lucky, Columbus, Pocahontas by D'Aulaire
Books Daddy is Reading (or Has Read) to the Kids:
Amy Carmichael: Rescuer of Precious Gems by Janet & Geoff Benge
Mandie by Lois Gladys Leppard
Lilliian Trasher: The Greatest Wonder in Egypt by Janet & Geoff Benge
The Jesus Storybook Bible: Every Story Whispers His Name by Sally Lloyd-Jones
Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson