I love to read and I love to know what others are reading. I track the books that I am reading to the kids (reading aloud is a huge component of our homeschooling) but I don't really keep track of what I've read just to me. So... here is a list -- both to inspire others and to help me track what I'm reading better.
Books I've Read or Am Reading to Me:
1) How Should We Then Live by Francis Shaeffer.
2) A Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp
3) Beyond Opinion by Ravi Zacharias (read some, didn't finish)
4) The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stuart
5) The Robe
6) The Shadow Women by Angela Hunt
7) Write Away by Elizabeth George
8) The Soul Tells a Story by
9) Keep a Quiet Heart by Elizabeth Elliot
10) Abide in Christ by Andrew Murray
11) Jesus Calling by Sarah Young
12) Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller
Books I've Read or Am Reading to the Kids:
1) The World of Abraham Lincoln by Genevieve Foster (almost done)
2) A Child's History of the World by V.M. Hillyer (on-going, from forever)
3) A Child's Story of the Bible by Catherine Vos (continually, forever, on-going. When we finish, we start over.)
4) Johnny Tremain by Ester Forbes, (This has inspired lots of American History reading. A favorite!)
5) The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by Frank Baum ( I had never read before. We try to abide by reading the book first then watching the movie. We don't always hold to this but...the kids want to watch the flick and have been bugging me to read this. I probably wouldn't read it on my own because I never watched the whole movie because it scared me when I was a kid.)
6) The Railway Children by Edith Nesbit
7) George Washington by D'Aulaires
8) Baby by Patricia Maclaughlan This one made me cry. It hit me right where I was at. Whew! Loved it!
9) Beowulf by Michael Marpego
10) King Arthur and The Knights of the Round Table by Roger Lancelyn Green
It has been a challenging year for read-alounds. I hope that I missed some I can't believe that I only have 10 written down. I know that Dad read some aloud to them, too. That helps. But this is a small list.