Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Blur to Focus

On Tuesday I went to the eye doctor. It took two hours to get a new, crisp prescription. Once we arrived at the new prescription, I was able to put the contacts in my eyes because they had them in-stock. New clarity. But only for a moment because the doctor put The Drop in my eyes.

I agreed to this drop. I marked The Box -- The Agree to Dilate My Eyes Box. It was for a good cause. It was for my eye health. I know it will only take a few hours to clear up. But there did seem to be irony in blurring my vision in order to get clearer vision (or really to make sure the eyesight stays healthy.)

It also got me thinking about life. And that sometimes the path seems to be the opposite of where I thought was headed. Even though I ask God for clarity about the path, I don't always receive the nice, clear explanation about when this really will clear up (in two or three hours or days or months or years).

Instead I need to trust the Guide of Life, the One who said, "'For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways,' declares the Lord. " Isaiah 55:8

Sometimes trusting Him is the only way because I can't understand the explanation. I need to trust. Just like a child trusting her mom that we needed to make your eyesight more blurry so that it can be more focused later.

Sometimes it seems we are going down to get up, going left to go right. So I keep trusting. I am glad God has told us that His ways are different than ours and too high to really understand. It does help. Especially when things have gotten fuzzier just when you thought they might clear up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being part of the conversation...I love hearing from you. Kathleen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...