Tuesday, May 28, 2013

No greater love

"Greater love has no one than this: 

to lay down one's life for one's friends." John 15:13


Taken in D.C. last summer at the Washington Monument by me. 

As I reflect on this Memorial Day, I am reminded of those who have given their lives not merely for their friends but for strangers, for me. I am thankful for their sacrifice. I am thankful for their example of thinking of others before themselves. I am thankful they had vision for the future generations that would benefit by their courage.Two friends are serving on active duty right now.

Thank you to all the veterans who have served for our country and to their families that also surrender their own desires for others.
-Kathleen

1 comment:

  1. It is such a sacrifice and for their families, too.

    I have always wanted to visit Washington DC.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being part of the conversation...I love hearing from you. Kathleen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...