Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Broken toys, broken necklaces, and broken hearts

There are some children who have come to my house. Quite unexpectedly. They have climbed all over me and down into my heart. At first I cried for me and all the changes and the sacrifices for me. The inconvenience.

I knew the right thing was to say yes. Like-minded peace we had, he & I. But once the shock wore off, my heart screamed nooooo.....this is too hard. I want my nominal Christian life back.

But once I was inspired by one of my mentors who has gone before me and walked the way long. Who has shared her life and broken it.

She said, "it is a high calling. It is worth it. I would do it again in a heartbeat." What an opportunity to be able to impart Christ to another. What a chance to die to myself.

At first, I cried for me. Now, I cry for them. Broken axe. Broken bracelet. And broken hearts.

There are stained mattresses. But this is what I can see. And we are to fix our eyes on what is unseen.

Broken hearts, climbing all over me. Worming their way deep down in my heart.

Don't know about them. But I know I will never be the same again.

At first I cried for me and our broken plans, broken toys. Now I cry for them. The broken hearts.

These brave souls. Who have climbed into my life, climbed over me, and way down deep into my heart.

In a moment. In a twinkling of an eye -- our lives are changed in the most unexpected of ways.

Amen.

*** 
Linking up with Imperfect Prose.









8 comments:

  1. I hope that you share the whole story when you are able.

    One thing that I know for sure, when we let Him, God will break our hearts for the things that break His.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like what you said about "nominal Christian life." It's the easy life, right? Christianity is easy when it's cushy and we stay safe in our corner of the world. When Christ calls us to inconvenience that's when the rubber meets the road and He asks: are you willing? You, my friend, are. I can't wait to hear the rest and how it changes you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have been praying for you and the family every day as you walk through this interesting chapter of life. {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the prayers. We need them and certainly feel them.

      Delete
  4. smiles...i know i will never be the same...working with kids...i know this to be true...its a beautiful thing to give over to them...

    ReplyDelete
  5. At first I cried for me and our broken plans, broken toys. Now I cry for them. The broken hearts.


    this made me cry, kath. how i long to no longer cry over my broken plans, my broken toys, but to solely cry over their broken hearts. this changed my life, tonight. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you are investing well.

    Praying for your heart, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are amazing. I love you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being part of the conversation...I love hearing from you. Kathleen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...