Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thankful

It 'tis the season to be thankful. We had our Thanksgiving service on Sunday where the congregation was encouraged to give thanks unto the Lord. I was convicted to stop and count my blessings more often. In response to that conviction, here is a sampling of things I'm thankful for, in no particular order:

I am thankful for the folks who have come into town for Thanksgiving this year and that we get to have an unexpected mini-reunion.

I am thankful for my health and the health of my family.

I am thankful for kindred spirits.

I am thankful to have been there for a loving vigil and for all the people there: my family, his family, and their friends that are now like family. (You'll need to read this and this to catch a tidbit of understanding.)

I am thankful for the firstborn's baptism in early March.

I am thankful for friends who have come to visit us in Tennessee this year.

I am thankful that I met my husband in college and that we have 21 years of memories -- 17 of which have been married years, and 12 of those as parents.

I am thankful our house stayed on dry ground during the Historic Flooding.

I am thankful for the Teacher's Lounge.

I am thankful for my in-laws (and that they relocated to a warm place such as Tennessee since I followed hubby here (before he was hubby) who had moved "home." I had wanted to move away from The Winter for a long time.)

I am thankful for the Word of God.

I am thankful we finally built The Treehouse (photos and a post is coming soon...stay tuned).

I am thankful for my children. (All five of them. Several years ago, I miscarried one when I was twelve weeks along. I wouldn't trade the lessons I learned through the sorrow of that time.)

I am thankful for a church of no pretenses.

I am thankful for books and fresh paper and ink.

I am thankful that Jesus died on the cross for our sins.

I am thankful for new bedroom furniture and a beautiful hand-made quilt.

I am thankful for the Body of Christ.

I am thankful for blessings in disguise.

I am thankful that this does not have to be a complete list of everything that I have ever been thankful for before I post it because this surely is not a comprehensive list.

"Give thanks to the Lord, call on His name; make known among the nations what He has done. Sing to Him, sing praise to Him; tell of all His wonderful acts. . ..remember the wonders He has done, His miracles. . . " Psalm 105: 1,2 & 5

4 comments:

  1. Kathleen, I love this! I started following www.aholyexperience.com this time last year and it encouraged me to start an ongoing list of all the things, big and little, that I'm thankful for. It has made such an immense difference in my heart attitude toward difficult circumstances and just everyday frustrations! My kids have even gotten in on the action. They'll see me writing in my notebook and ask if they can make there own thankful list. I love it!

    Hope you guys have a great thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You indeed have some wonderful things to be thankful for--many of which I share.
    Happy Thanksgiving.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathleen,

    It's great to catch up on some of what has been happening in your life. You have a beautiful way of conveying things in your writing.

    Blessings to you!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. My profound gratefulness to the One who gave you to me.

    "He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the LORD." (Proverbs 18:22)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being part of the conversation...I love hearing from you. Kathleen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...